Please find registration information for the upcoming Driver Z term included below. We are hoping this will provide answers for some of the questions your school may encounter and help keep you informed. Please circulate this information to school staff or students as required.
What are some of the new program changes?
Due to the ongoing challenges of COVID-19, this winter/spring, we will continue to offer a modified Driver Z program that includes virtual classes, in place of a physical classroom, via the Webex meeting platform. The program includes ten, two hour weekly sessions and includes in-car lessons with additional safety protocols, when permitted by public health orders.
- Students and parents/co-pilots must attend the Kick-off virtually, which is held on the first online class session.
- Students must provide an email address when they register so they can access the online application and receive course-relevant communication, including email invitations to the virtual class sessions.
- Students must complete online learning prior to their first virtual class lesson.
When does registration for the upcoming term begin?
Registration for the winter/spring 2021 term will begin on February 22, 2021 and will continue with staggered registration.
Courses for the winter/spring 2021 term are available on Course Finder now.
As students will not be physically attending Driver Z classes, knowledge tests and vision screening will be performed at a designated location.
Where can students go for information?
- Course Information: mb.ca under Driver Education Driver Z Course Finder
- Driver Z Program Information: mb.ca under Driver Education MPI’s Driver Z Program
Where do students go to pay and register?
Students can pay and register for courses at any Autopac agent or Manitoba Public Insurance Service Centre.
Will students be given priority to register for Driver Z courses at their own school?
As the course is virtual students will be allowed to attend a virtual course that is not necessarily based out the school they attend. To facilitate in-car lessons students will only be allowed to register in courses within a closer geographical area to where they attend high school.
How do students and co-pilots access the online learning?
Once students have registered, they will receive an email with instructions and an email invite to the virtual course closer to their course start date. They will be required to do the following:
- Log in to Driver Z online to set up their account.
- Complete Zone 1 (activities 1-29) before Kick-off. This takes approximately 12 hours to complete.
- Invite at least one co-pilot (and up to eight) through Driver Z online.
- Co-pilots will also be required to log on and complete Zone 1 (activities 1-6) to be able to support the student and ensure all necessary tasks are finished to complete the program. This takes approximately two to three hours to complete.
- Access the virtual classroom via a link in the email invite 10 minutes prior to the start of the class.
It is important that students and co-pilots have separate email addresses to ensure they receive the appropriate emails for their role.
If you have any questions, please contact Driver Education by email or phone at (204) 985-7199 or toll-free at 1-800-261-9928.
Thanks again for being a vital part of the Driver Z team. Your commitment to preparing young drivers is making Manitoba roadways safer for everyone!here...